Sound is available through earphones only

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Quasi.sohail, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Quasi.sohail

Quasi.sohail iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sound is available through earphones only and internal speakers are not working. Initially they were working but now it is not working. I have reset the IPAD to factory settings but of no use. I also checked sound settings through use of right scroll after double pressing the home button. The settings are ok. Please help me

2. J. A.

J. A. iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,812 / 6
    Hi there! Welcome to iPF!
    Take a look at this thread. There are many suggestions what you could do to get your iPad working again: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-help/74991-sound-working-only-earphones-not-speakers-ipad-3-a.html
    Perhaps there's also a solution for your problem.

• Like Like x 1
  3. HappyPelican

HappyPelican iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Bummer:( Did you drop your iPad or anything? Sounds like a blue wire issue. Good luck and I hope you get it resolved soon!

4. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,319 / 2
    Your problem may have nothing to do with the speakers at all. The problem may be in the headphone jack, which contains a switch to deactivate the speaker when headphones are used. There maybe some foreign matter in the socket which is causing the problem. Try shining a light into the socket to check. If there is something in there, try vacuuming it out. Here's a thought. Have you checked in settings to make sure that the mute switch is not set to on? If the side switch is set to mute, and has been moved down, showing the red mark, your speaker will not work.

image-4292905900.jpg.

image-2856698673.jpgif your side switch is set to rotation lock, check in the multi tasking bar to see if the mute has been activated.

If none of this helps, you may have a hardware fault. In that case have your iPad checked out at an Apple store. If the problem is covered by the warranty, you'll get a replacement iPad. If you back up your iPad before going to the Apple store, you can set up the replacement from the backup you made.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013