What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nikon D200 to iPad

poaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Am not having any success in transferring pics from my Nikon D200 to iPad G4. It seems like Capture 4 may be involved. Any suggestions?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What is Capture 4? How are you transferring the files? You are not trying to transfer raw files, are you? iPad can't view raw files. They need to be jepgs.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm going to move this thread to the iPad Help sub-forum.

OP
P

poaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Raw

AQ_OC thanks for replying. Capture 4 is a Nikon program which I, now, see is needed to view RAW pics. However, that should not be significant as the pics I am trying to move are JPEG fine. I've had no trouble moving the same pics to my iMac (10.6.8).

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok...so are you using iTunes to move them or dropbox, or another cloud, or what? There are like a zillion ways to do this...

OP
P

poaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
transfer method

I thought using a lightning cable from the D200 Nikon camera direct to the iPad would be the best way. Perhaps not?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmm....do you have the camera connection kit? What you are doing is what that kit was created for...if you are just plugging the lightning end into the iPad and the usb end into your computer, the computer should see the iPad as a camera...I even have it connected on my PC now...this pc doesn't have iTunes...I see the apple ipad, and I see a DCIM folder, but nothing is in it...even though I have zillions of photos....

I have to admit, I rarely, if ever, do this.... :)

A camera connection kit with the right lightning connector is a relatively inexpensive way to go for this....

or you can try this:

Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader - Apple Store (U.S.)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts