What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

newbe

tvermost

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good day all! Let me introduce myself and my current issues with the IPad. I am a Windows Network Admin (MCSE, MCP and A+) with no experience using anything "Apple". My company has decided to start using IPads for management to connect to our intranet to monitor production at various locations. The first thing that we encountered was that the IPads are very slow to load up the pages on our intranet while all of our Windows devices are very fast to load the pages. We are using Server 2008 std to host the intranet and all of the wireless access points are Cisco APs broadcasting in the A, B, and G ranges. We have had great performance with our Windows devices accessing the intranet via the wireless network. The only performance issue that we have is with the IPads. They can connect to the network fine but seem to take a very long time to load up any of the webpages on the intranet. Given enough time every page will load. This is quite unacceptable to management as they to just as fast as the Windows devices.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
VNC or RDS? I get the same speeds regardless of my device. Check the settings about how many colors you're displaying, and quality. There are lots of network admins using iPad's daily.

Most reactions