What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Internal Webpage works on Iphone but not IPad

nelsonri50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have both my work Iphone and Ipad connected to works Wifi. I am able to access our internally hosted Intranet page on my Iphone but not on my Ipad.

The IPhone loads the page immidialty but the ipad adds 'www.' to the beginig of the URL and add '.com' to the end and just says server not availalable.

I am able to access other browser based services on the IPad. I have checked the wifi setting and they are exactly the same on both devices.

I have tried the full URL of our intranet page on the Ipad rather than just the DNS alias. - to no avail.

Any help would be much appriciated.

Many Thanks

Nelsonri50

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure what is going on, but you could try a third party browse, like Atomic or iCab Mobile. If they don't work straight up, change how they identify themselves.

In Atomic Browser (not the lite version) you tap the cog icon to the left of the URL bar, tap Identify Browser as, and change one of the desktop browsers.

In iCab mobile you tap on the cog icon, top right, go to the Browser ID settings, and choose a desktop browse.

This doesn't change how the browser works, only how the server sees the device.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello from me too!

I was also trying to log into my works wifi but still no success. I will be watching this thread for any assistance advice!

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Most reactions

Latest posts