What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Visitor

Felicity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings from Ireland, could anyone tell me how to delete viewed videos from you tube on a iPad 2, I would be forever grateful! Tks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

When you say 'delete viewed videos' do you mean you want to delete the history of the videos that you've watched? As far as I'm aware, the iPad doesn't download those videos to your iPad, they're streamed from the server and not stored locally so, if you were simply worried about the storage space they might take up on your iPad, there's no need to concern yourself.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
F

Felicity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim, thanks for your reply, very much appreciated. My son viewed some videos on youtube that I don't want to see again. I can delete them in history but I can't delete them from any where else, as in when I click onto you tube they are there permanently.

I have downloaded the manual and will admit I'm lazy and looking for an easy answer!

Fr0st

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim, thanks for your reply, very much appreciated. My son viewed some videos on youtube that I don't want to see again. I can delete them in history but I can't delete them from any where else, as in when I click onto you tube they are there permanently.

I have downloaded the manual and will admit I'm lazy and looking for an easy answer!

By 'click on YouTube , they are there permanently' do you mean that you can still find them if you search for them on YouTube?

Or that the video is still on the front page of the app, even after you deleted history?

If it is the later, then that's easy! Just search for any other video ( I suggest something with an ambient background ), then delete history again. By doing that you have safely deleted any trace of it on your device.

If it was the former...you will need to have the following to delete it:
1. An account to link to YouTube. E.g Gmail.
2. Sign into YouTube, and navigate to the video.
3. Flag the video. This is like saying: YouTube! Look at this video!
4. Have patience, because one of 4 possible outcome might occur: they look at it and delete it, they don't delete it, after deletion it is gone, and / or after deletion it gets put back up again.

I'm sorry if this sounds a bit too grim, but I am just trying to show the realistic outcomes...Some of us know the Net a bit too well... :(

Edited. Reason: Grammar! :S

Last edited:
OP
F

Felicity

iPF Noob
Reaction score
FrOst, Many thanks for your reply, it was the fact that when I deleted history that'd everything stayed on YouTube when I clicked on it.

I'll try as you suggested,

C Ya

Most reactions

Latest posts