What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New user Can not find app

cspcrx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an Ipad and have been searching the web for different apps just to get an idea of what is out there and what I want to get.

While searching i found an app that allows me to access the music on my PC, where all of my music is stored, wirelessly so I do not have to keep it all on my Ipad.

Now i can not find this app. Do any of you know what this would have been?

Thank you for helping a beginner.

bbmountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
StreamToMe works for me :) Don't know if that's the one you're thinking of or not. It also does video, but for me it stops playing the movie about half-way through so I use Air Video for videos. But StreamToMe works great for music files.

OP
C

cspcrx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not sure if that was the one but it sounds like it does what I want to do. I want to be able to play my music, thats on my pc, on my home stereo system.

So I figured I could plug my Ipad into my stereo and play the music over wifi that is on my PC.

Again I am very new to all of this so I think this will work.

Thank you.

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Better yet, plug pc into stereo, and download remote for itunes and use iPad as touchscreen remote from any room. For us we use it in our bar and it's the single best music remote I have used

If you want upnp connection, media browser will do it, and air video will do it soon. I only mention air video because if you are wanting to stream video to iPad, it's fantastic and cheap.

OP
C

cspcrx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks your idea, if I understand it correctly and have read correctly, led me to another option I was not aware off.

My PC is connect to my d-link router.
Control I Tunes with ITunes remote program, that you mentioned.
Purchase Apple Airport Express and connect that to my stereo.

This would allow my to stream the music to my stereo and control the music using my IPad with the ITunes report program.

If there are no holes in this theory this would work and only require the purchase of the airport express. My PC is just to far from my home theater system to run a wires to.

If anyone sees holes in this please let me know and thank you so much.

Last edited:

bbmountain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
newfmps: which remote are you using on the iPad? I tried remotex for iTunes yesterday and got it to work but I don't seem to be able to see my playlists.

OP
C

cspcrx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok after two hours of support, from apple, trying to get the express and router to talk IT WORKS!
This is great. List to all my music on my home stereo and control it all from my IPAD.
Thanks again for the tips that started me down this path. If all Apple help is like the help I recieved I can see why people switch. Great customer service.

Prasius

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Better yet, plug pc into stereo, and download remote for itunes and use iPad as touchscreen remote from any room. For us we use it in our bar and it's the single best music remote I have used

Exactly the set up I have with a computer connected to my A/V receiver, itunes controlled from my iPhone using Remote - works really well.

OP
C

cspcrx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now if they will just come up with this remote app specifically for the Ipad it will be perfect. I just do not like the it does not rotate so you have to display it in portrait all the time. Be nice if you could use landscape view. But it all works and we love it.

Most reactions

Latest posts