New Rumour Says Apple is Working on a 5-Inch Retina Display Device

Discussion in 'Apple iPad News' started by Maura, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Maura

Maura iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    [​IMG]

MacRumors has an interesting report today that is based on a new rumour on Japanese blog Macotakara that says that Apple is currently working on a new product that it is planning to release in 2013, which will have a 5-inch Retina display. According to Macotakara, this new device (they haven’t specifically called it an iPad) will have a screen resolution of either 1,600 x 960 pixels, or 1,280 x 960 pixels. This rumour seems to be a little out of the blue, sitting somewhere between talk of a 4.6-inch iPhone and a 7.85 or 8-inch iPad. However, MacRumors says that its calculations show that whereas a 7.85-inch iPad would still be able to meet Apple’s app design requirements so that existing iPad apps that have been made with the current, full-sized iPad in mind would still be able to run on it, a 5-inch iPad would struggle to scale existing iPad apps. As MacRumors notes, although Macotakara has had some good scoops in the past, this sounds like one of its less likely rumours, although you never know! It’s always possible that Apple has seen the success of Samsung’s 5.3-inch Galaxy Note smart notepad that has already shipped five million units, having been expertly marketed as a cross between a tablet and a smartphone with a stylus.

Source: Apple Working on New Device with 5-Inch Retina Display for 2013? - Mac Rumors
  2. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    dunno about that picture, its got an android keyboard and says samsung.
  3. kierandill

kierandill iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +443 / 0
    I'll buy if Apple comes up with an iPhone or iPad anywhere from 5" to 8". I don't even need it to be a retina screen, but that would be fine, too.
  5. Maura

Maura iPadForums News Team

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105 / 0
    Yes I know, I couldn't get a picture of the new 5-inch iPad yet! :)