What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New quick access widgit?

Benji1981

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey,

I went into Sainsbury's today and there was a new iPad on display. I had a play around with it and noticed on the home screen there was a small white icon at the side of the screen. I touched it and it opened out into a quick access menu and had space for you to drop your favourite apps in there.

The small icon could be moved anywhere at the side of the screen.

What is this little widget thing?? Perhaps the iPad was jail broken but that seems strange in Sainsbury's?

Anyone know what it is?

Thanks!!

Ben

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a stock ipad. It's just that someone has left the AssistiveTouch option activated on that iPad. It's a Physical and Motor skills helper that's accessible/changeable via the General tab in the Settings app (under Accessibility).

It's a really neat feature (especially if your Home button is acting up) - but it's a normal feature that's been on the iPad since, I think, iOS 5.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts