What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iTunes Feature?

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I thought I was a fairly knowledgeable iTunes user, but I discovered an iTunes feature I'll call new. Perhaps it was always there in one form or another, I just do not know.

I had a disaster; my iPod crashed and I decided to wipe it and start over. Not sure what happened, it just died.

When I synced it to iTunes, I noticed on the right side of the iTunes screen, there was a New Feature. Either it was always there or it is indeed new, I do not know.

Anyway, I followed the link and iTunes showed me every app and song I downloaded since my first iPod and iTunes DL. There was an app section, a book section, an app section, etc.

Stuff I lost or deleted ages ago was available for DL, including the free crap. I think this is a iCloud feature because Apple uses the iCloud icon for buttons.

I'll tell you this, I lost music I did not want to loose and after scouring the web for help about re-downloading the music I paid for from iTunes,. I gave up; apparently, there was no way to recover the music. This may or may not be true, however. Perhaps Apple has always made the stuff you paid for available in case of crashes.

So is this indeed a new feature?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is a new feature with iOS 5. But iOS 5 is still in its beta stages so there are some wrinkles still to be ironed out. The true and stable version will be out in the fall.

iCloud is working for some, I think I read today ~ but not for others.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am very certqin OP that the feautures you are describing are new, i would hqve other wise seen it. Yesterday itunes did prompt me to update, i declined due to time shortage, but say this weekend i will down load the new itunes version, seems like a great tool 

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is a new feature of the latest iTunes 10.3. Also update devices to 4.3.3 where you can turn on instant downloads in store.

Most reactions

Latest posts