What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Announces New iTunes

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
iTunes_2012.JPG

Apple has today unveiled the revamped iTunes at the iPhone 5 launch, which features a redesigned player, complete iCloud integration and a new look. Launching in October, Apple says it will have a much cleaner and simpler interface that keeps your favourite iTunes content to the forefront. iCloud integration means that your music, movie and TV purchases made on any iOS device or computer will all be displayed in your iTunes library on your Mac or PC.

“We created iTunes because we love music and we’re going back to our roots with an incredibly clean design that keeps your music at the forefront,†said Eddy Cue, Apple’s senior vice president of Internet Software and Services. “The new iTunes works seamlessly with iCloud, always keeping your entire library at your fingertips, and we’re adding great new features that make listening to your music more fun.â€

Among other features, the MiniPlayer has also been reimagined, making it easier to control your music with a small tool bar, so that you can skip to the next song or search for new tunes, and all without having to open your library. Up Next is a new feature that enables you to see what’s up next, as well as letting you queue songs or albums that you want to hear next.

The new iTunes will be available in October.

Source: Apple

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That sounds great doesnt it,look forward to seeing that.

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gosh, they just keep bumping up the system requirements, don't they?
This update requires snow leopard or higher, leopard is completely cut off...
Good thing I've got snow...

waah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded the 10.7 version today! Nothing seems to have changed though! Waiting for the new version coming this October...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
waah said:
I have downloaded the 10.7 version today! Nothing seems to have changed though! Waiting for the new version coming this October...

Wait till next Wednesday when iOS 6 is released. It's designed to work with iTunes 10.7. You'll see the difference then.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
About time, I'd say. But I want to try it out and make sure it's not even worse, lol.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
About time, I'd say. But I want to try it out and make sure it's not even worse, lol.

That is a scary thought.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

I have three iPads, I think I'll update one of them and see how it goes before updating the other two.

qwerty12345

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I worry that iCloud will wipe out my songs since I have two iPads if I sync them one at a time?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
qwerty12345 said:
I worry that iCloud will wipe out my songs since I have two iPads if I sync them one at a time?

As long as you give each iPad it's own unique name, there should be no problems with syncing two iPads on the same computer. I sync 3 iPads, an iPhone and an iPod on the same computer with no problems.
To name your iPads go to Settings> General> About. The name selection area is in the top line. Touch the arrow at the right side and enter the name of your choice.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have three iPads, I think I'll update one of them and see how it goes before updating the other two.

I usually use my husband's iPad as the guinea pig, lol. He's got next to nothing on his, so he wouldn't miss much even if it were wiped.

MarkWM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I usually use my husband's iPad as the guinea pig, lol. He's got next to nothing on his, so he wouldn't miss much even if it were wiped.

I updated mine this morning and all my files came through in-tact. I wasn't able to do it through iTunes but I was able to do it through the Apple site.

Most reactions