What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad won't recognize my router

origun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have had an iPad 2 for about a year and had no trouble setting it up and getting it to communicate with my router--an Airport Express (about 5 years old). I have an old Mac desktop wired to the router and have a laptop (Macbook Pro) and my iPad using it wirelessly. I bought a new iPad as a gift for a friend who is easily frustrated with technology. So when it arrived, I tried to get it set up. It "found" my router but when trying to connect, it just kept spinning around and never connected. I called Apple for help and they spent a long time having me try various things and finally gave up and are sending me a new iPad, assuming that the iPad was defective. (It hasn't arrived yet.) I know I had the correct password--it works for my other devices. Is there any router setting that I should check out? Is there a limit to devices that can use the same router? I'll be really embarrassed if the new one doesn't work!

Most reactions

Latest posts