What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad Owner Questions

edfrmva1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Have asked before but no answers yet that help me. First, am not a techie so need simple answers.

Got my wifi iPad for Christmas present. Uploaded via iTunes with latest iPad OS. Have a Mac with OS 10.6.5. I use iCal and Address Book on my Mac. Is there a simple way to have my Mac iCal and Mac Address book replace the iCal and Address Book on the iPad? If yes, how? Also, is there a simple inexpensive way to make to my my Canon iP3500 "discoverable"?

Also, can I select a home page for my Safari? If yes, how?

So far, am a little disappointed in my iPad.

Thanks in advance.

Ed

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know about the MAC things, but one thing is for sure.
You can;t setup your own home page on Safari.

B.T.W
If your are not happy with the iPAD, there is still time to return it, and get the money back.

OP
E

edfrmva1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Just new so far. Need to learn before I become too critical. Comparing the iPad to my new Mac is really not fair. So.. will keep trying. Gift was from my kids and returning it is really not an option. I think you understand.

Thanks again.

ed

MachThree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know about the MAC things, but one thing is for sure.
You can;t setup your own home page on Safari.

B.T.W
If your are not happy with the iPAD, there is still time to return it, and get the money back.

There's a way to create Safari bookmarks in such a way that they appear on the iPad's home screen as icons just like any other app - when you click the icon it launches Safari and goes to that page. So you can just create your own icon this way and use it to launch Safari instead of the included Safari icon. I don't recall exactly how to do this and won't have access to my iPad for several more hours as I'm at work, so if you need specific instructions on how to do this maybe someone else can assist in the meantime.

As for printing, there are a few programs that you can set up on your Mac that will expose any printer your Mac is connected to so that the iPad can see it. One program that does this is Printopia. I haven't tried it myself yet.

OP
E

edfrmva1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I just signed up for the Apple Mac MobileMe to try to synch the iCal and Address Book on my Mac to my iPad. But, I don't know how to do it even though it says I can. Anybody do it already? And if yes, how?

Thanks

ed

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a way to create Safari bookmarks in such a way that they appear on the iPad's home screen as icons just like any other app - when you click the icon it launches Safari and goes to that page. So you can just create your own icon this way and use it to launch Safari instead of the included Safari icon. I don't recall exactly how to do this and won't have access to my iPad for several more hours as I'm at work, so if you need specific instructions on how to do this maybe someone else can assist in the meantime.

Yep, same as to make a bookmark... open Safari, go to the page you want then click the bookmark icon (box with arrow coming out) and select "add to home screen" that will put a page shortcut to your screen so you can use it to open Safari in your desired homepage. Great idea.

Most reactions

Latest posts