What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad holder to review!

OP
H

handeholder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cleanton - please expand if you have a chance we would love to hear your issues to make this a product that is functional for all.

Thank you,
Handeholder

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
First off, im not to fond of sticking any adhesive on my ipad.
Second, Is it like a suction cup? If so I wouldnt trust it to hold my iPad.

Have you done any stress testing so see how the thing will hold up?

How much pressure is needed to lock the handeholder onto the back of the ipad? any pressure put on it would be to the front screen of the ipad and the surface that its on.

Last edited:

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a fear of it holding the iPad as well, but I do not understand how the locking mechanism works, so I can't doubt it or deny it works.

So, I think we need some "hands on" experience with the product :).

Get it? Hands on....lol

OP
H

handeholder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First off, im not to fond of sticking any adhesive on my ipad.
Second, Is it like a suction cup? If so I wouldnt trust it to hold my iPad.

Have you done any stress testing so see how the thing will hold up?

How much pressure is needed to lock the handeholder onto the back of the ipad? any pressure put on it would be to the front screen of the ipad and the surface that its on.

Hi MikeToolz,

Product we use to attach the Handeholder was developed by 3M and is called DualLock it was designed for the transportation industry. The product
features hundreds of polyolefin stems that snap together, forming a high
tensile closure that is many times stronger then hook and loop closures.

The adhesive ring placed on the iPad is very low profile and if desired can be removed but removal will damage the ring and you will have to replace the ring. If removed there should not be any residual adhesive on the back of your iPad if there is a simple alcohol wipe should be able to remove it.

We have stress tested it and it is strong enough to allow us to use our
iPads in a ping pong game without disconnecting. This of course is not the
proper use of the iPad and should not be considered to be an endorsement
that people should use their iPads as ping pong paddles. It was just a test
we used to show the strength and holding capacity of the product.

When locking the Handeholder onto the back the iPad/tablet device should be placed on a flat smooth surface and a direct push with medium pressure will click the DualLock surfaces together providing a very strong hold.

We have attached and removed the Hand-e-holder thousands of times, without any issues or harm to the ipad. Apple has done a great job as usual with their product design and durability.

Hope this helps you out a little,
Handeholder

Habry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nice industrial design …

The thought of pressing on the back of an iPad, with both hands as in your demo clip, makes me nervous. Seems like the battery packs would flex a little (if the aluminum flexes at all). Also, the screen seems a mild concern in pressing on an iPad.

What components are closest to the aluminum inside an iPad—anything rigid? Did you guys do any stress or destructive testing on iPads to see how hard your users have to click to mount your device?

I've seen the photos online of dissected iPads, so I've seen the concentric ovals Apple made when they milled the aluminum shell. I assume they preserve some strength compared to a stamped shell.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I came across this thread purely by chance. Your design is nice and simple. It is sleek and clean. Follows the apple ethos one can say. But I really did not feel the product was for me for many reasons.

Firstly, the iPad is very light and can easily be held in one hand for demonstration purposes (I work in one of the fields on your video) and use it all the time in demonstrations.

Secondly, looking at your accessories, I would never use a thigh band as once again one can easily rest on ones lap hands free. The iPad smart cover allows me easy regular use in the kitchen (and I watch a hell of a lot of movies on it there).

Please don't let me take anything away from your innovative approach. I really did like the look of your designs (not that I in anyway possess any artistic talent), but the product really is not for me. I hope you make your millions, which if they do come, will be from the fact that is is such a versatile product.

Wish you all the best. I will continue to follow this thread to read the views of others as I do love a bit of innovation. (Thanks for a nice and simple website too).

Just saw the i-4u gimmick holder, both the products look identical....have they stolen your invention ?

Last edited:

Ihubo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you have a litlle bit right and of course Ipad is very light but I think is much safer keep it on strong tight band with no risk of slip. Otherwise you have wall-mount kit where you can leave your tablet and watch something. The both products are simillar but not the same, firstly, Gimmick is just better lock, have wall-mount kit and it's stronger and better done. I was testing these two and I've chosen Gimmick, and they have better commercial :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts