What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad holder to review!

handeholder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All!

Along wiht some friends of mine, I have designed a new iPad holder and accessories that I would really like some feedback on to know your thoughts and if you see anything that is good/bad or any idea's you might have. My ear is open!

If you get a chance please visit my site handeholder.com on there you can see a video we have of how it works and some of the accessories we have.

Please give me your feedback:)

Thank you,
Matt Shine

Jake18oly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is a very interesting concept. The only drawback that I see is the inability to use the holder with a case. Am I correct to assume that or do you have a solution for a case. If you don't I would recommend you also make a small case with the holder attachment on the back. That also might help someone who doesn't want to put a sticker or whatever on the back of their iPad. Just a thought!

Azieser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love the idea and the design is first rate. I also love all the various devices you have developed for use with the Hand-e-Holder. I will look into purchasing a couple of these.

The only part that makes me a bit squeamish is the "press down until you hear a click" part. If you press too hard then it is new Ipad time and if you don't press hard enough then it will fall off and it is also new Ipad time. I would feel better if the ring were already attached to the device then you can just glue it onto the Ipad.

But the device looks solid and the price is decent for an Ipad accessory. Thank you for not gouging people like some of the other accessory places have. I look forward to ordering and using these on my own Ipad.

OP
H

handeholder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can you stick the handeholder to a case?

That is a very interesting concept. The only drawback that I see is the inability to use the holder with a case. Am I correct to assume that or do you have a solution for a case. If you don't I would recommend you also make a small case with the holder attachment on the back. That also might help someone who doesn't want to put a sticker or whatever on the back of their iPad. Just a thought!

Hi Jake18oly,

Thank you for you feedback! Which case are you referring to? With all hard cases, the dual-lock ring is able to stick to that, as for the black apple case, you have to make a small alteration to it (which our customer service can talk you through or you can send your case to us and we can fix it for you). I hope I have answered you question.

Thank you,
Handeholder

OP
H

handeholder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you,

I love the idea and the design is first rate. I also love all the various devices you have developed for use with the Hand-e-Holder. I will look into purchasing a couple of these.

The only part that makes me a bit squeamish is the "press down until you hear a click" part. If you press too hard then it is new Ipad time and if you don't press hard enough then it will fall off and it is also new Ipad time. I would feel better if the ring were already attached to the device then you can just glue it onto the Ipad.

But the device looks solid and the price is decent for an Ipad accessory. Thank you for not gouging people like some of the other accessory places have. I look forward to ordering and using these on my own Ipad.

Thank you Azieser,

I understand your concern with "pressing down to hear the click" on your ipad with it face down. However, you will witness that it doesn't really take as much pressure as imagined. We say to use both hands as in the video to make sure you have pressure going across the whole area so all the pieces lock in, it is not to really press that hard. Also as long as you are not setting it on any foreign objects, you should be fine :).

That is something that we should note though in our publications moving forward.

Thank you,
Handeholder

ivanmarkchang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
pretty neat! i'm sure there is a certain group of people that would definitely want this!

newfmp3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An option to buy more then one stick on ring would be nice for those with cases.

And get the price down 10$ on everything then advertise the crap out of it, and your rich. Honestly, it is one of those things that if it works as advertised, it has so many uses.

The stands are also very stylish!

Genius. Nice name idea too. But personally I am not paying more then 19.99 for the e holder itself, then pay for a stand too. Maybe some deals on bundles ? I think you could price yourself out of reach. With 80 bucks for a stand and hand e holder there are and will be a lot of competitors with cheaper products.

Of course if you want to send me a review sample.....

OP
H

handeholder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An option to buy more then one stick on ring would be nice for those with cases.

And get the price down 10$ on everything then advertise the crap out of it, and your rich. Honestly, it is one of those things that if it works as advertised, it has so many uses.

The stands are also very stylish!

Genius. Nice name idea too. But personally I am not paying more then 19.99 for the e holder itself, then pay for a stand too. Maybe some deals on bundles ? I think you could price yourself out of reach. With 80 bucks for a stand and hand e holder there are and will be a lot of competitors with cheaper products.

Of course if you want to send me a review sample.....

Thank you for you review!

We are going to start selling the rings separately. You are reading our minds :) We have actually had a lot of request for that. Also, your price point is duly noted.

Thank you,
Handeholder

Most reactions

Latest posts