What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new ipad for an in-law

andreak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so my wife is giving her mom an ipad. her mom has no email address. my wife already created an email for her several days ago. when she sets up the ipad, can she use the new email address for her mom's appleID right then and there on the fly to startup ipad, or will she have to establish an appleID in itunes first?

btw, her mom will NOT be using itunes store for anything whatsoever ....no backup no download songs no icloud no nuttin',,,because her mom will only be doing the basic basic basic stuff on the ipad. i figure it'll only be for email, surfing, and facetime.

thx, all

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When she sets up the iPad for her mother, she can use the email address as Apple ID. She doesn't need to create an ID in iTunes first, she'll be able to create the ID during the setup. She can also skip creating an ID at first and do it after setup, by going to Settings - iTunes & App Store.

pilgrimav8r

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm convinced this is covered perfectly with all the help needed in another thread I was party too, maybe a quick search for it because it worked a treat for my wife's mum (same thing).

Most reactions

Latest posts