What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iPad arrived...Tips on what to do first?

seanbrecke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reasons ( in my opinion) why apple apps are better than others. Ok, not in everywhere, but still
The iWork has iCloud built in, it's really easy to transfer files, they automatically come in, save etc.
The interface is amazing, I use it for school ALL the time. You can do things so much easier than most apps.

About the USB disk, I meant something to transfer files easier. When you plug it in, in the apps tab, in file sharing if you get the app USB disk, you can transfer files onto your iPad ALOT easier.

seanbrecke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sjleworthy said:
I certainly wouldn't jailbreak.. No need.

Essential app - Amplitube. Best guitar fx available.

AGREE COMPLETELY
I broke mine as soon as I got it and it crashed like crazy,
I restored it then, when I found out 1 month ago, it was upgraded, I tried again, after that it crashed EVEN MORE!
Completely recommend not Jailbreaking your iPad.

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is one reason why I love this forum! I had never heard of CloudOn! How brilliant it is! My favorite apps otherwise are:
Quick office
Photogene, very good for editing photos
PhotomgrPro, good for creating albums
ZeroPc where you can access all your cloud accounts from one app
Slashtop to access computer
AVPlayer HD to play videos
iBooks
IM Pro
Oh dear, the list goes on and on! I used to be into Angry Birds but not at the moment.
Enjoy your iPad, it is the most wonderful device!

OP
M

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is one reason why I love this forum! I had never heard of CloudOn! How brilliant it is! My favorite apps otherwise are:
Quick office
Photogene, very good for editing photos
PhotomgrPro, good for creating albums
ZeroPc where you can access all your cloud accounts from one app
Slashtop to access computer
AVPlayer HD to play videos
iBooks
IM Pro
Oh dear, the list goes on and on! I used to be into Angry Birds but not at the moment.
Enjoy your iPad, it is the most wonderful device!

Thanks for the big list! I'm checking out ZeroPC now...

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No mention of Goodreader yet and that is my favourite app for all my lesson plans and teaching resources. There are loads of app suggestion threads on here so spend some time looking them up. Everyone has their FAVOURITE app but they may not necessarily be the one for you. Research - research - reasearch. I teach science to 11 - 16 year olds.
p.s. just love it! I'm a member of appolitus - 650 apps later and £'s poorer.
Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

michali

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Oh yes! Goodreader, I forgot that, but,as you say, there are so many to research and find what is right for you.

OP
M

mikespe

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I bought Goodreader last night...it's not bad but I haven't really dived into the app yet...I also bought Pages which I like a lot too...I'll probably get Numbers & Keynote soon since I could use those (I teach Elementary Physical Education so I don't give a LOT of presentations but I do a few). I do need to get the adapter to plug my iPad into a LCD projector...anyone recommend a good AND inexpensive one?

Thanks

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
HowBoutThemPack said:
Must have apps for a teacher...keynote, pages, numbers. Depending on which subject, the howstuffworks app (howstuffworks.com).

Sent from my jailbroken iPad2 using iPF

There are other very good office options besides just the Apple stuff. Docs to Go and Quick Office are excellent products that deserve a look for the teaching crowd. Just wanted to throw that in there. Make sure to get some fun games too, have some fun with it. :)

Most reactions

Latest posts