New Corporate iPads

Discussion in 'iPad at Work' started by BrianAv, Dec 18, 2012.

1. BrianAv

BrianAv iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are purchasing 10 new ipads for corporate use. Our plan is to write a basic use policy with security requirements, etc. We plan on having every user backup to iTunes on their computeters and set up their own itunes accounts. As long as they follow our basic guidelines we are pretty much going to leave them up to the individuals. My biggest concern is having the abilty to wipe any device that is lost or stolen much like I could do with our old Blackberries. Can anyone tell me if or how I can accomplish this? I would want to be able to send the wipe command myself (admin) to any of our devices.

Thanks
  2. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    I could be wrong but.....if your users have their own iTunes accounts then I can't see how you can have that option however, if you have a company iTunes account that they sync with then it may be possible.

The Archangel
  3. BrianAv

BrianAv iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I though of that but part of our security guidline is going to tell them not to sync to the cloud (we don't quite trust the icloud security yet). I guess we could set up a single icloud account for all to use but...

a, how many devices can you have under a single account?
    b, we would need to tell them not to sync to the cloud (can syncing to the cloud be blocked?).

Thanks
  4. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +747 / 0
    I would think that as this is a corporate environment your best option would be to talk direct to Apple about an enterprise solution.....I'm sure that they can deliver what you want. As a normal user there is a limit (I think) of 10 devices but this can clearly be increased for enterprise users.

The Archangel
  5. Somerled

Somerled iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Read up on the following site on using the iPad in an enterprise environment. If it doesnt answer you, I would call Apple and talk with them, tell them what you are looking to do. Start here, however, it may answer your questions.

Apple - Support - iPad - Enterprise