What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to Arrange Photos in Specific Order For Slide Show

DCB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New user would appreciate some advice on how to arrange photos so that they appear in a specific order during a slide show. Saw a post recommending an app called "Sort Shots" but reviews said it did not work. Are there any alternatives? Thanks for your help!

BRoss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about just creating an album in the Photos app with the pics you want, in the order you want. Then view it using the Slideshow button?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Photos app sorts by creation date, which makes it difficult to craft custom slide shows.

Most people who need better photo display and organization than provided by Photos use a third party app. Photo Manager Pro is mentioned most often; but there are plenty of others. Most have a slideshow option, but you should look closely at the description to decide if it has the features you want.

Here is a list to get you started.

Photo Organization Apps: iPad/iPhone Apps AppGuide

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can reorder the albums this way. The photos in the album resist all efforts to be re-arranged; or I'm missing something.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:

Thanks for the link. As you know, I've been searching for a decent app to organise my iPad images (they aren't ALL photos, many are paintings or sketches) for a while. None of the ones I've looked at so far are really (this) user-friendly enough but also decently versatile...so still cogitating. I don't need any image editing included because I will do that on more dedicated apps or more likely on my PC, just need the managing / organising bit.
When (if!) I find what I want, will report back.

iPad3,16GB; PC/Win7; S.GalaxyNote; Dig.artist, I.wolfhound nut, anything-reader, bridge-widow.

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
I read this article the other day. It might suggest something more along the lines of what you want.

Thanks! This includes a big assortment of possibles. I will have a delve into them. And thanks too for the heads-up on the review mag.

gumnutgully60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
stranding said:
Thanks! This includes a big assortment of possibles. I will have a delve into them. And thanks too for the heads-up on the review mag.

A serious deficiency with photo manipulation is the inability to sort photos by date or any other user defined order, any solutions would be useful

hilsroo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I'm aware you can re- order images in the native photos app, which will then show in that order in a slideshow. Obviously you need to put all your images in an album then follow the instructions below provided by Diane B. I use photo apps a lot but only found out about this recently! 'I just tried it in one of my PHoto albums and it works fine. Open your album, click on the curved arrow on top right, then hold down the photo to be moved and don't take your finger off it but slide it to its new place. When you are finished rearranging, then click done. You will see the photo you are holding down with finger 'enlarge' a bit and be 'loose' and then you can just slide it into place. I just rearranged a whole album that way.'

Most reactions

Latest posts