What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photo Display Apps

dpo67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for an app to display photos and photo slide shows for the purposes of showing prospective clients our condos and houses - on the new iPad (3rd gen). It is essential that we be able to arrange the photos in a specific sequence. It needs to be able to display photos in either portrait or landscape mode on the iPad. We would like to be able to create a slideshow and then save it so that it can be easily and quickly opened and used by our staff.

We don't need the app for editing or touch-up since the photos have already been edited prior to loading on the iPad. In fact, it is better that it not have editing so that we can keep things simple for our staff who are using the app to show properties to prospective clients.

Our first thought was that we could just use the Photo app that comes with the iPad. However, it seems to have some difficulty maintaining a predefined sequencing - we have tried numbering the photos and assigning letters, but sometimes they fall out of sequence. iPhoto seems to not allow any kind of user defined sequencing of the photos, which is quite disappointing.

I would be grateful for any suggestions. Thank you.

Menneisyys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am looking for an app to display photos and photo slide shows for the purposes of showing prospective clients our condos and houses - on the new iPad (3rd gen). It is essential that we be able to arrange the photos in a specific sequence. It needs to be able to display photos in either portrait or landscape mode on the iPad. We would like to be able to create a slideshow and then save it so that it can be easily and quickly opened and used by our staff.

We don't need the app for editing or touch-up since the photos have already been edited prior to loading on the iPad. In fact, it is better that it not have editing so that we can keep things simple for our staff who are using the app to show properties to prospective clients.

Our first thought was that we could just use the Photo app that comes with the iPad. However, it seems to have some difficulty maintaining a predefined sequencing - we have tried numbering the photos and assigning letters, but sometimes they fall out of sequence. iPhoto seems to not allow any kind of user defined sequencing of the photos, which is quite disappointing.

I would be grateful for any suggestions. Thank you.

Get Photo Manager Pro, it has excellent sorting capabilities. If you Google around, you'll even find my article (the best article ever written on the app, BTW, this is why I'm referring to it and not anything else) comparing it to alternatives and even showing how its sorting capabilities need to be used.

Last edited:

sharonanne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get Photo Manager Pro, it has excellent sorting capabilities. If you Google around, you'll even find my article (the best article ever written on the app, BTW, this is why I'm referring to it and not anything else) comparing it to alternatives and even showing how its sorting capabilities need to be used.

If only it worked. I paid for it, downloaded and installed this app. I deleted the existing folders, created and saved my own but can't open the folders. They look pretty, too bad I can't add photos to them. The help instructiosn start with 'open the folder'. Great.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's not specifically a photo display app, per se, but have a look at iFiles ($3.99, USD). With it, you can create folders for your various houses and condos that contain all the pictures you wish. The photos can be arranged alphabetically (or numerically), so all you'd have to do is number them. you can create folders within folders, so you can keep things really organized. and, you can open the folders and swipe between pictures in either landscape or portrait mode.

The part I like about it is that you can easily transfer files between two, or more, iDevices - as long as they are on the same WiFi. You can even share with a computer. Makes loading the iPads up for each salesperson a breeze.

This may be overkill, because this app can handle almost any file. Plus, it has the ability to open the Mail app and send e-mails, should you choose.

Between this app or Goodreader, which is another excellent file management tool, I'd be hard pressed to say which is better. But, I would probably end up with this one because of the ease in transferring files between iDevices.

Again, these two apps are not solely for photo management and viewing. But, since you don't need editing and you might want the extra benefits of having an "all types of files' management app, maybe give these a look?

Good luck on your search.

Marilyn

OP
D

dpo67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your suggestions of Photo Manager Pro and iFile. I will check both of them out. Do you know if iFile can display photos in full screen mode - i.e. without any border or taskbar at the top and bottom of the screen (assuming of course the photo is 4:3 format)?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for your suggestions of Photo Manager Pro and iFile. I will check both of them out. Do you know if iFile can display photos in full screen mode - i.e. without any border or taskbar at the top and bottom of the screen (assuming of course the photo is 4:3 format)?

Yes, iFiles can display photos without the top and bottom bars. The display looks the same as if you were viewing it in the Photo app (in that the app will display the picture so that it fits in the screen). It can be zoomed by tapping or pinch-spreading, which can be done without bringing back the top and bottom borders.

Hope that clarifies.

Marilyn

P.S. As a note, the app I'm speaking of here is an App Store app called iFiles (with an "S" at the end). There is a jail break app from Cydia (the jail breaker's store) called iFile - and it's a different app. Just don't want you to get them mixed up...

OP
D

dpo67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn - Thanks for the clarification. I will give it a try. Beyond its use for displaying photos, I like the idea of having a more general purpose file manager.

Menneisyys

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If only it worked. I paid for it, downloaded and installed this app. I deleted the existing folders, created and saved my own but can't open the folders. They look pretty, too bad I can't add photos to them. The help instructiosn start with 'open the folder'. Great.

Yup, the interface of PMP isn't the most intuitive. It also took me some minutes to find out how to import pics in a folder, it's so messed up. (Nevertheless, it's still THE best all-in-one image viewer, particularly if you geotag your shots.)

The trick is as follows:

- get into a folder
- tap the "Import" icon in the lower left corner
- select either from iTunes (if you've trasnferred the images via iTunes File Sharing) or from Photos if you want to import shots from the camera roll / synched photos.
- select the photos to import and tap the red "Import" button

Most reactions

Latest posts