What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help using notes on iPad 2

Flopeye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I've been trying to get my notes to show the bottom of a note when I first pull it up instead of the top, is there any way to do this, I write some pretty long notes & am tired of swiping the screen a dozen times or more to reach the bottom. Thanks in advance for any help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no built in feature. At least none I can find.

I did manage a trick using the search function. It's kind of complicated, but I suppose you could use it if you're really desperate. It would take a 'very' long document to make this procedure faster than scrolling; but here it is.

At the end of your document(s) include an easy to remember string, not to long, easy to type, and something you'd never use normally. I like "Xxx". I used the capital because I've got auto-capitalization turned on and it saves me a step.

Pull down on the note list to reveal the search box, and type in your special word, then tap on the note's title in the list. In my experiments it opens the note and immediately goes to the search word, then highlights it.

If you get into the habit of always adding new content just above the Xxx, then you'll never have to retype it in the body of that note.

OP
F

Flopeye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is no built in feature. At least none I can find.

I did manage a trick using the search function. It's kind of complicated, but I suppose you could use it if you're really desperate. It would take a 'very' long document to make this procedure faster than scrolling; but here it is.

At the end of your document(s) include an easy to remember string, not to long, easy to type, and something you'd never use normally. I like "Xxx". I used the capital because I've got auto-capitalization turned on and it saves me a step.

Pull down on the note list to reveal the search box, and type in your special word, then tap on the note's title in the list. In my experiments it opens the note and immediately goes to the search word, then highlights it.

If you get into the habit of always adding new content just above the Xxx, then you'll never have to retype it in the body of that note.

OP
F

Flopeye

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks twerppoet, that sounds good & I will try it. If I can teach this old dog a new trick that is. Thanks agin for the suggestion.

Most reactions

Latest posts