What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need advice re Forum symbols, icons and ranking.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry to be asking about what is no doubt obvious to everyone but I am curious about what the various symbols and descriptions on this Forum mean.

I searched the Forums and saw a Legend dated May 2011 using envelopes and stars etc. but I think that must be out of date. Found nothing recent. There are coloured dots next to the forum member's name (mine is green ... some are grey ... NO I have not been doing that!) There are flames, (they can't all be flamers!) some of which have gone out, green arrows some with a question mark).

But what prompted my question was that I see I have changed from being a "Noob" to a "Novice" which is a bit flattering (although because I rather like monasteries there is no way I will wear a nun's habit). And those batteries. It seems obvous that their number and fullness is related to the number of members' posts and, I guess, so are the titles. I see "iPad Fans" (I've got to keep on with those posts to get there?) and more exulted titles like Super Gurus, Moderators, Super Moderators. I'm sorry if I missed any.

But to more seriously get back to my question --- where can I find a Legend of the forum symbols used today, and perhaps even an indication of the way this forum operates re the hiarchy of gurus/moderators/administrators etc? It's simply this. I am relatively new to the forum and I am confused.

Cheers, Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts