What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a Genuine Suggestion !

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This whole issue of Backlight Bleeding being there / not there as reported by a couple of people here has put me in a strange Dilemma, What I am thinking now,is do I get thing done or not ? I was gonna get the New iPad from the U.S from one of my friend and since a lot of people here have suggested that it is because the Glue has not dried which was used to stick the display screens to the panel maybe that is causing it and once it is dried up it will, maybe not there and since Apple had to rush out urgent stocks it never had the time to let this thing happen. So what I was thinking was, maybe this is a problem with newer stocks and as and when we get into the 2nd phase of stocks which will likely hit my country as my country's name does not appear in the first nor second list of countries where the iPad-3 has been released as of now, this will also give some time to get into the 2nd Phase of stocks which will be all ready with the problem having been overcome and that would have also given it time to dry up.

So does it make more sense to wait till the iPad-3 is officially released in my country in another 2 months time, that way it will also give some time to overcome this problem, if at all it is there ?

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i dont know if the glue not drying is causeing the Backlight Bleeding. plus the glue they use is space age stuff and drys really fast

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Judging from your posts, you seem to have a lot of angst about buying. I'd suggest you wait till they sell in your country. That way, you can closely inspect iPads before you buy one.

There are invariably going to be some iPads that have probs. Depends whether you can live with some probs vs. others.

For instance, some iPads have yellower screens than others, unrelated to glue. My iPad 1 screen is true white. My husband's iPad 1 is yellowish. My iPad 2 is yellowish. All three are evenly white or yellowish (across entire screen; not blotchy). We don't have a prob with the yellowish screens; I actually prefer yellowish. The three iPads have looked the same since purchase about one to two years ago.

Also, all three iPads have some backlight leaking, but we'd have to crank brightness to max and sit in a dark room to see the leaks, so it's not a prob.

Chances are, there will be minor variations in many iPads, and it sounds like you would angst about that.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Judging from your posts, you seem to have a lot of angst about buying. I'd suggest you wait till they sell in your country. That way, you can closely inspect iPads before you buy one.

There are invariably going to be some iPads that have probs. Depends whether you can live with some probs vs. others.

For instance, some iPads have yellower screens than others, unrelated to glue. My iPad 1 screen is true white. My husband's iPad 1 is yellowish. My iPad 2 is yellowish. All three are evenly white or yellowish (across entire screen; not blotchy). We don't have a prob with the yellowish screens; I actually prefer yellowish. The three iPads have looked the same since purchase about one to two years ago.

Also, all three iPads have some backlight leaking, but we'd have to crank brightness to max and sit in a dark room to see the leaks, so it's not a prob.

Chances are, there will be minor variations in many iPads, and it sounds like you would angst about that.

Yes I am anxious, so I am trying to educate myself so that I get the best deal, product and model out of my first ever iPad. I am extremely excited about it and I wanna buy a flawless one. It is a reasonable huge investment also for me so trying to get every worth of my money.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I am anxious, so I am trying to educate myself so that I get the best deal, product and model out of my first ever iPad. I am extremely excited about it and I wanna buy a flawless one. It is a reasonable huge investment also for me so trying to get every worth of my money.

Yes, so probably best you buy when you can inspect in person and pick one that you're happy with.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, so probably best you buy when you can inspect in person and pick one that you're happy with.

But I am never gonna be able to see how the model is inside a Box sealed piece, the display model in the store is not gonna what I am gonna buy and who knows the Brand new sealed box that I opt for has this problem then what do I do ? get it exchanged then and there ?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But I am never gonna be able to see how the model is inside a Box sealed piece, the display model in the store is not gonna what I am gonna buy and who knows the Brand new sealed box that I opt for has this problem then what do I do ? get it exchanged then and there ?

Depends on customer service in your country. In the U.S., some Apple customers have asked to open one iPad after another, and some have made repeated exchanges.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So coming back to my original question does it make sense to wait for the Official Launch of iPad-3 in my country so I can get a second batch of stocks of iPad-3 which would be a batch possibly not got out of the manufacturing line in haste ?? and hence free of the Backlighting issue and many other possible issues which have not surfaced so far ?

As the more time passes by, people will have more clearer picture on, if there are any other issues aswell associated with it ?

Ry2mkk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you are able to buy one and return it you may aswell take the plunge as you would always be able to return it if you was not happy with it, but it's like a lot of things electrical you always get the odd one or two with problems.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There really is no way of knowing what you are going to get however.......it is likely that on the 16th there were millions of iPads delivered/sold worldwide, we have how many cases of backlight bleeding reported to far, 2 maybe more but probably less than 5? That's pretty good odds......if it were me I'd just buy it......but I'm not you and you'll have to make your own decision.

The Archangel

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just buy one and if you don't like it, return it. All of your other posts indicate you are not satisfied with the new iPad even though you have never held one in your hands.
My genuine suggestion to you is to buy one, enjoy it, and post back if you have questions/problems.

Last edited:
OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes this is gonna be my first ever iPad and I am just ensuring that I don't encounter a problem with all the money invested and the time and Interest that I spent investigating how can it be the perfect one. Without having any manufacturing defects including backlight bleeding !

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whatever you buy it will no longer be perfect in one year when Apple releases the "new newer" ipad. Just go and get one, use it naturally and if there is anything wrong have it replaced.

I have an ipad2 that I bought last year on launch date. I started looking for light bleeding until I found it. Then I did not feel like replacing it because I had all my stuff in there and forgot about that. Now I only see it if I look for it.

At the end of the day you are buying a consumer product, not a Picasso, so if you want one, go, get it and enjoy it.

OP
A

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At the end of the day you are buying a consumer product, not a Picasso, so if you want one, go, get it and enjoy it.

lol ! Well I am least interested in what a Picasso is ? and what it means ?? I mean I know it is a painting but for me it is the iPad which means more :p

Most reactions

Latest posts