What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Myfy

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have an iPad2 wireless and am looking into a no contract Myfy. I am thinking of using Virgin, but I could use some input so I can make an informed decision. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Be sure to check coverage. I understand that Virgin has coverage mainly in large cities and along major highways.

bearswatchin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been using Virgin broadband2go MiFi for about a year. No complaints other than the battery. Life is about 3-4 hours of use but there is no real warning about battery condition. I know the battery is down when I can no longer get a connection. The only way I have found to successfully charge the device is with the AC charger. The cable that came with it to charge in the car has never worked.

The MiFi works in places that my wife's iPhone can get no signal.

Hope this helps your decision.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi mollysmom,
I purchased a virgin mobile mifi to take up to our cottage which didn't have Internet. I purchased the mifi at best buy, but you may find cheaper at Walmart or even amazon. Overall, the setup appeared easy, but there was a glitch in the process which forced me to call customer service. They gave me free 500 mb to be used in 30 days. We stayed up north for 5 days. Overall speed was fairly good. It runs on 3G sprint coverage, like our cell phones. It certainly not like our Home network, but it allows me to read the iPad forum, Facebook, work email etc.
The virgin mifi can hold a charge for 4 hours before having to recharge. I was pleased with its performance. It can connect 5 devices, though I was the only user. The 5 days while up, I only used 40 mb!! Hope this helped!!

Last edited:
OP
mollysmom

mollysmom

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond! I appreciate everyone's input asI didn't want to head in blindly. I figured the people here are such a great resource, why not ask. Again, many thanks! :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

cnitzken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I too was freaking out that I just spent $500 and my wifi at home on the ipad2 was horrible. Streaming was lasting about 40seconds Sooooo, I called my router company - Belkin, they walked me through changing router settings and now my streaming is perfect. Not taking my iPad back. :).

Most reactions

Latest posts