What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My name is Tracy Thompson and I have a question regarding changing screen resolution on a ipad2 plea

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
i would like to change screen resolution on a ipad2 please.

Hi Tracy - welcome to the forum! :) The screen resolution on the iPad 2 is 'fixed' at 1024 x 768 pixels - see quote below (Source) - portrait vs. landscape orientation simply flip-flops those dimensions but their pixel resolution is the same; zooming in & out can change the size of objects and/or text and the accessibility feature(s) may offer size adjustments but again your pixel density remains the same.

Tell us 'why' you want to change the screen resolution vs. just enlarging what may be on the screen? Now, I'm assuming that you desire an increased resolution - correct? Unfortunately, the bottom line is that if you want more 'pixel density', you'll need a newer model iPad, e.g. my iPad Air 2 w/ 'retina display' is 2048 x 1536 pixels or 4x the number of pixels in the same size display. Dave :)

Unlike a regular Mac computer or Windows PC, the screen resolution of the iPad is "fixed", and cannot (currently) be changed. Since the iPad lets you rotate it to change between landscape mode (horizontal) and portrait orientation (vertical), its screen resolution actually varies. In portrait orientation, the iPad's screen resolution is 768 pixels wide by 1024 pixels high; in landscape mode, your iPad displays 1024 pixels horizontally, and 768 pixels vertically - in other words, the distribution of the screen resolution's sides changes, but not the total screen resolution itself.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts