What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My jailbreaking story

OP
MoonlitSonata

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mikespe said:
There HAD to have been a corrupt file in the download of abstithe (sp) you used. Speaking from Android experience & what I've gathered with iOS...the actuall jailbreak/root does NOT make the system unstable in anyway.

Possibly.

1million

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow. That's to bad. I JB my iPad2 as soon as the 5.0.1 JB was released and I haven't been happier. I also JB my new iPod Touch 4 as soon as i got it which was a recent Bday gift. Plus yesterday I finally JB my wife's iPad2.

Jenningsville

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like you just had a rough go of it. Ive had all my iOS devices jailbroken with no issues

Skype works on my jailbroken ipad. Just gives you a warning first that you simply ignore

@MoonlitSonata, I was saddened to read about your JB experience. I've always run my iPads jail broken and never encountered any problems. I'm also a big iPad Skype user (long video calls and chat) and, again, no problems other than the warning message as indicated by @superhoops which can be simply ignored. Personally I think doing the JB is well worth it. If you come round to deciding to have another go at it my advice would be to restore your iPad to factory settings before doing the JB, and restore your backup and/or install apps *only after* you've done the JB. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad has been jailbroken for as long as I have had it. (Over a year and a half)
Never had any problems.

Most reactions