What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ipad is acting crazy

perlinaber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone have this problem? Seems to have a mind of its own. Constantly having to turn off and on.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Perlinaber - welcome to the forum! :)

Not sure how you are turning the iPad 'off and on' but try the last two steps quoted below - a 'Reset' usually solves problems as described - good luck and please post back your results!

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom' or use multi-gesturing and swipe up); press & hold an app until all begin to 'jiggle'; find the offending app(s) and press the 'red circle w/ minus sign' - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

OP
P

perlinaber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done those steps in the past, but that only solved the problem temporarily. I even went to the Apple store and followed their advice to remove the cover I had on my Ipad, back everything up and do a complete reset, which wiped out everything. Then i re-loaded everything. That same day, i had problems again. While reading my book, the screen jumped to Settings, and back to the book, which then advanced and went backwards with the pages. In the Settings, the screen jumped from one task to another, playing all different sounds, etc. i think it is a hardware problem. I will take a video again when it goes crazy (as i did before) and take it back to the Apple store.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have done those steps in the past, but that only solved the problem temporarily. I even went to the Apple store and followed their advice to remove the cover I had on my Ipad, back everything up and do a complete reset, which wiped out everything. Then i re-loaded everything. That same day, i had problems again. While reading my book, the screen jumped to Settings, and back to the book, which then advanced and went backwards with the pages. In the Settings, the screen jumped from one task to another, playing all different sounds, etc. i think it is a hardware problem. I will take a video again when it goes crazy (as i did before) and take it back to the Apple store.

Sounds like a visit to the apple store is the right call. Something ain't right.....

EnkelSemi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think there must be some problem in the software.You will have to install it again.Or there might be ome virus prolem if you are using internet on your ipad.

Most reactions

Latest posts