What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ipad has i scatch on it

sanada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everybody !!!
My nephew was playing on my iPad and my iPhone now the iPad and the iPhone has afew scratches on the screens does anybody have any advice to get rid of the scratches ?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
aww.... Well ~ don't let children play with them anymore! lol! I have had my iPad almost two years and not one scratch. It really is pretty difficult to scratch gorilla glass. What do you suppose it was scratched with ~ because our fingers just can't do it.

Have you tried cleaning the glass and you are sure they are scratches?

OP
S

sanada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep I am not gonna let any kids play on my iPad or iPhone .

Assshhh! The IPad is scratched but my iPhone is not scatched . Phew
I think I should put in a new iPad screen in

What do u think sweet poison?

OP
S

sanada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:
Try tooth paste

Tooth paste?!?!?!?!?

Why tooth paste ? Or do u think I should wait to ask my dad if I can use the iklear kit?

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tooth paste is used a lot to clean glass. How to Use Toothpaste to Remove Scratches | eHow.com. I have not tried it on iPad glass however I did fix a Sony mobile some years back plus repaired scratched DVD's it is recommended to use plain white tooth paste. One only has to search the net with google " remove scratches toothpaste glass iPad " and you will find heaps of links for iPhones and iPads
Commercial glass cleaners are available however I have no idea what is available in USA It is like anything else out there read up several posts and make your own decision.

Best of luck

OP
S

sanada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes how am I going to wash the tooth past off an iPad !?!?!?!?!

OP
S

sanada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah ha I rather replace the screen or take it to ifix . I can simply give it to my dad and he will take care of it!
And grand father said just put plastic on the screen. Lol

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad glass has a coating that can be harmed by abrasives. There are abrasives in toothpaste and many household cleaners, so use at your own risk. If my iPad were scratched, I'd live with it rather than risk more damage. YMMV.

Last edited:

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You are not gonna use the whole tube, babe. Just a little dab on the scratch. They wipe it off.
agree,it can't hurt and just may work,put on a screen protector after that,it will at least hide any remaining scratches so you don't have to look at them.

OP
S

sanada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
You are not gonna use the whole tube, babe. Just a little dab on the scratch. They wipe it off.

Yep
Ok I will not use the hole tube!

OP
S

sanada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
agree,it can't hurt and just may work,put on a screen protector after that,it will at least hide any remaining scratches so you don't have to look at them.

Ah ha

Most reactions

Latest posts