What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My IPAD gets creazy

dbenuri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There,

Have IPAD2, WI-FI, 16GB which I got for my daughter. After 7 months of usage, it started to "work by its own" , meaning , in all applications the menu or keyboard show like it being chosen , on random order, although no one touch it.

I tried to fix it by restore option. It didn't help much. When presenting it to Apple rep, he claim that because he see a small bump in the corner of metallic frame, the IPAD is out of warranty, so he cannot do anything with that.
It looks like a digitizer problem? any application that can cause it?

Any idea how to bring the IPAD "back to my control"?

kinglingexe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's eazy...

Restart your iPad 2 : hold the button that it close the iPad 2 for 15 secounds. Then it gone be okay

No need to thank me

OP
D

dbenuri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well, I already did it, several time, including loading new firmware. No luck. after short time, it starts to "play by its own".

kinglingexe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm then the problem is not in your iPad :-

1 . First turn off your ipad
2. Take out your cover
3. Clean it little bit
4. Turn it on then Tda !!!

OP
D

dbenuri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well, thanks for trying. It looks more complicated then cleaning issue. Looks more like digitizer problem. If I could cnf it in anyway, I would invest on buying one in Ebay and replacing it. or someone has other idea

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it does sound like a hardware problem with the digitizer. As Amp1216 said, it's always worth trying another store and make sure you play it nice and polite. My experience with these thing has always been positive, even when devices are out of warranty. If you catch the right person at the right time with the right attitude you will often get a replacement.

If that doesn't work, and you are feeling very brave, you could pop it open and see if the dent is putting pressure on anything it shouldn't be. I for one would never recommend that unless you are very confident getting stuck into the innards of your own devices. There is a chance you won't get it back together again! But if it is a last resort and you can't get it replaced, you may decide you have nothing to lose. There are several tear down videos which I'm sure you can find via Google which may assist, but the process isn't trivial, so be warned. Good luck!

Most reactions

Latest posts