What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Introduction

steph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TechSidebar.com
Hi,
I just found this website. I was looking for a forum about the iPad. I've used Macs before (I used to own a Macbook Pro) but then I switched to just an HP 17.3" quad core laptop. Now that my iPad is on it's way to me, I'm toying with the idea of putting my HP laptop on the local Craigslist to see if I can trade it for an iMac. Although I'm not new to technology, I just created my own weblog about a week ago and I'm thinking that maybe a Mac would be a little easier for me to create multimedia files with. I also read on a different iPad forum that you can't transfer between the iPad and non-Mac computers. I'm sure I'll be able to get my questions answered on the forums.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Welcome!

I'm a PC guy, and really don't like Macs..... But Apple for mobile....

Don't know who told you that you could not transfer to PC, but that is flat out wrong. iTunes for PC is same as itunes for Mac, and that is what your iPad interfaces with.

To clear up any other questions checkout http:/www.apple.com/support/ipad/ and of course the help and other forums on this site......

Look forward to seeing you around :)

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
welcome on board One thing you will find here is we have 2 camps PC and Mac all living under the same roof which means you get the best support what ever your choice is on main computers.

Enjoy our forum stay awhile if you need help ask

Regards Colin

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,
I just found this website. I was looking for a forum about the iPad. I've used Macs before (I used to own a Macbook Pro) but then I switched to just an HP 17.3" quad core laptop. Now that my iPad is on it's way to me, I'm toying with the idea of putting my HP laptop on the local Craigslist to see if I can trade it for an iMac. Although I'm not new to technology, I just created my own weblog about a week ago and I'm thinking that maybe a Mac would be a little easier for me to create multimedia files with. I also read on a different iPad forum that you can't transfer between the iPad and non-Mac computers. I'm sure I'll be able to get my questions answered on the forums.

Hey, welcome Steph! Yeah, you absolutely can transfer any content that works on the iPad just as well with a Mac as a PC.

If you have a large investment in PC software, I would stick with the PC. But if you're just getting started buying all your new content creation software then it doesn't really matter.

Of course your PC software won't work on a new Mac, if you decided to go that direction. But otherwise - as far as the iPad is concerned, it doesn't matter. Have fun!

OP
S

steph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TechSidebar.com
Hi,
Thanks guys for being so friendly. You're a pretty cool group. It looks like my iPad was finally shipped, even though Fedex keeps pushing the delivery out, so hopefully my iPad will be here by next Thursday. What's the consensus on jailbreaking the iPad? I saw some listed on eBay that were jailbroken but didn't really know whether it's a good way to go or not. I originally jailbroke my iPod Touch but then went back to the standard Apple firmware. I'm going to have to look into my options on that. Thanks for being so great in your replies.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks guys for being so friendly. You're a pretty cool group. It looks like my iPad was finally shipped, even though Fedex keeps pushing the delivery out, so hopefully my iPad will be here by next Thursday. What's the consensus on jailbreaking the iPad? I saw some listed on eBay that were jailbroken but didn't really know whether it's a good way to go or not. I originally jailbroke my iPod Touch but then went back to the standard Apple firmware. I'm going to have to look into my options on that. Thanks for being so great in your replies.

I'm pro-jailbreak, but I'm going to see if I can live with the limitations first. To be honest, I love the products, but I find that the artificial limitations due only to business decisions get on my nerves.

Most reactions

Latest posts