What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New guy from Oklahoma

Str8shvr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm Tony, and I'm new to the forum as well as to Mac. I purchased my iPad about two months ago and two weeks later I bought an iMac (2.93 ghz i7 quad core with 16 gigs of ram).

My other hobbis include ham radio, photography, genealogy and as my screen name suggests, collecting (and using) straight razors, brushes, and mugs/scuttles.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm Tony, and I'm new to the forum as well as to Mac. I purchased my iPad about two months ago and two weeks later I bought an iMac (2.93 ghz i7 quad core with 16 gigs of ram).

My other hobbis include ham radio, photography, genealogy and as my screen name suggests, collecting (and using) straight razors, brushes, and mugs/scuttles.

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

It’s free too.

Tim
Scotland

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

We share almost exactly the same hobbies.

I have been an amateur radio operator since 1992 - de NØIU

I have a Nikon DLSR. I take mostly snaps of the dogs and grandkids. I really don't consider myself to be a "photographer".

In the interest of genealogy, two years ago I went to Ukraine to see the village where my maternal grandmother was born. My latest project is using that fancy Nikon to photo-document the cemeteries where my relatives are buried.

And when I do get around to shaving, this is what I use --

shave.jpg

I am also a member of the SRP forum, but since becoming a moderator here, I haven't checked in over there in ages! I can only read so many posts about people's first straight razor shaving experiences!

Lynette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello!! I also live in Oklahoma and I have a photography business. I just got my iPad as well. I have found this forum entertaining and have enjoyed it.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't live there any more, but I used to live near Grand Lake. I used to live in Southwest City, MO, but I spent most of my time in the "big city" of Grove, OK.

OP
S

Str8shvr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome!

1991 c-4; I'll bet we've ran across each other on SRP, I'm "freebird" over there. I'm not too far from Grand either. I live in Chouteau. I'm slowly rebuilding my favorite camera system which was stolen from my apartment almost 30 years ago, a Canon A-1. So far I've picked up a 50mm, 70-210 bay macro, 2x extender, and a 199a flash. I'm looking forward to spring so I can get out and take some pics!

Most reactions

Latest posts