What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My books doesnt sync anymore!

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another problem after the restoreof my pc. My books that were use to be on my ipad before I restore my pc doesnt sync anymore.
Everything is checked. I check the "Sync Books" option, I check " Selected books" but when I sync them only the books I got from iBook store syncs to the Ipad. The rest were left behind. Did I miss something???? Help!!!!!:confused:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't panic - if nothing else, wait for the poet...you know he always has an answer to these problems. Just wait and see and don't do anything that you might later regret. He'll be around any moment now....

Tim

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
j0yful said:
Another problem after the restoreof my pc. My books that were use to be on my ipad before I restore my pc doesnt sync anymore.
Everything is checked. I check the "Sync Books" option, I check " Selected books" but when I sync them only the books I got from iBook store syncs to the Ipad. The rest were left behind. Did I miss something???? Help!!!!!:confused:

I'm not sure how much help I can be because a lot of my books are on my external hard drive to prevent this from happening! Have you gone into the iBooks store section and looked for records of your downloaded books. I'm sure he said you should find them there, I'll go and look and hope Twerppoet has come back.

from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, there is a button called purchases and it has got all your books registered there so if anything goes wrong a screen shot of your purchases will prove you've still got them. Don't know if this helps but don't panic! Most of the problems are solved. I'll keep looking for you Joy.

Oh, I just noticed it's not iBooks books but others!

Last edited:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Where were these books Joy? In an app, or in iBooks? Are they PDF's. I need more info?

Have you done a hard reset where you press home and top button together until it ask if you wish to close, then when it's off, press both again until apple logo appears.

Last edited:

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why on earth someone needs to sync books ??
You should keep your books on a computer, and just copy them to the iPad's iBook application.

Just give me One single benefit for doing so.
I have 150 Books and similar number of magazines.
I copy them freely from Computer to iPad (through iTunes) and also the other way around (with "iMacsoft iPad to PC Transfer")

OP
j0yful

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't panic - if nothing else, wait for the poet...you know he always has an answer to these problems. Just wait and see and don't do anything that you might later regret. He'll be around any moment now....

Tim

Hope he comes and help me!!!

OP
j0yful

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Where were these books Joy? In an app, or in iBooks? Are they PDF's. I need more info?

Have you done a hard reset where you press home and top button together until it ask if you wish to close, then when it's off, press both again until apple logo appears.

These books are mostly in PDF's and epub files. When I restored my itunes library I didnt see them except for the ones I got from ibook store. So , What I did was open my itunes library point to books drag and drop all these files to books(just what I did before). Then click on my Ipad went to books tab check on the Sync book options, check selected books then sync. It should be on my ipad right. but Nope, they wont sync! i kept trying over and over again.:confused:

OP
j0yful

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You should keep your books on a computer, and just copy them to the iPad's iBook application.

I copy them freely from Computer to iPad (through iTunes) and also the other way around (with "iMacsoft iPad to PC Transfer")

I already did that peled. I copied those books from my computer to itunes. unfortunately those books doesnt go to my ipad anymore.:eek:

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
j0yful said:
I already did that peled. I copied those books from my computer to itunes. unfortunately those books doesnt go to my ipad anymore.:eek:

Joy! How are you going with those books. Did you have backup of those books somewhere for just this sort of emergency!

OP
j0yful

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66;206236 Joy! How are you going with those books. Did you have backup of those books somewhere for just this sort of emergency! from Somerset UK on my iPad using IPF app[/QUOTE said:
Not going good. I do have a backup of the books. Thank God! or I'll go berserk! lol I've been trying a lot of things adding the folders to the itunes folder still zero. deleting the ibook APp from my ipad and the itunes. download again sync. still zero. hahaha
I tested stanza , drag. and drop the same files. viola! the books synced. BUT still Im curious as to why. Hmmm, have to take a little nap now. ;)

Thanks for asking! Happy Mother's day to you!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score

I wonder if you are on this 4.3.3 update, I know it's for this tracking stuff but it's interesting it's happening to you now! Sorry! If I'm repeating myself I can't see the rest of the thread in this section.

Oh, thank you for the Mothers Day greeting but I think that's the American date, I live in UK and we celebrated at the beginning of April. But I will still take it, thank you!

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I do not understand. see what I have and what I do.
I got Windows.
I have a folder loaded with ePub books.

Here what you need to do:
  1. Open iTunes.
  2. Connect the iPad
  3. Open The ePub Folder with any file manager ou like.
  4. Select some books with the mouse.
  5. Drag the selected books into the iTunes Book area.
  6. Books are being copied (It is actually the pointer being defined)
  7. See all the selected books in the iTunes Library part
  8. Select all iBooks in the iTunes Library and drag then to the Device area to the Books location.
Job done. All iBooks on the iPad.

No Sync. No nothing.
Same thing with PDF files (Magazines)
Never ever mark the sync sign for books on the iTunes

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I do that exactly! I wonder why Joy is having these problems though? She hasn't had this before, I think.

Most reactions

Latest posts