What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My album artwork is missing

fredoknowssd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My album art work on my ipad is missing. When I open an album or song the artwork is there but not when I open my music app. Any ideas on how to fix this?

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I figure it out, I'll post the solution. In the meantime...grrrrr.

I have one album which I ripped myself, and embedded the album art into the mp3 properties. Shows up on Windows, no problem. Do you think I can get it into iTunes or onto the ipad? It's available in the iTunes Store so it's nothing to do with a lack of availability. I'm running out of ideas, but I'm still looking.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What I do when album art is not available on iTunes or does not match up, for whatever reason:

Do an image search on Google for the album. Copy the best image I can find.

In iTunes, select all the songs in the album, right click and choose Get Info. Go to the Art tab and paste the album artwork. In iTunes 11 you can right click on the album cover in Album view and choose Get Info instead of selecting all he songs individually.

The next time you sync, the album artwork should get transferred to the iPad.

If I've got a lot of artwork to fix, I just put the browser and iTunes next to each other. It's possible to just drag the artwork from the browser to the Get Info section of iTunes. At least it is on an iMac.

Most reactions