What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Music composition app for ipad2

sleeplessNights

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I'm a pianist and music teacher and want an app which will allow me to compose piano music (treble and bass clefts) and arrangements for other instruments. I want to use a touch piano keyboard to enter notes and then play it save it and print it out. Anyone know an app that does this? Sort of like Finale or something...
I've searched but mainly get loop based dance music types.
Thanks heaps!
Mike

OP
S

sleeplessNights

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there twerppoet, thank very much for your reply. Much appreciated. I will check out symphony pro. Yea, I did check out some of the music apps, they are awesome. But of course we need to check with others before paying for them, just in case. Cheers!

Ps I will post my here my experiences with symphony.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

I look forward to hearing how things go.

I've never been able to get past the playing with the instrument phase to actually playing the instrument. Such cool gadgets they are.

Teddybearman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SymphonyPro is what I'm using and so far, it has served me well. I can also save it as .xml, then copy or email it to my computer so that I can open it in Finale. And when it's in my Finale, I can do whatever I want with it. I purchased SymphonyPro when they went on sale from $14.99 to $2.99 so that was a huge bargain!

Another similar app is NOTION, you might want to check that out as well. The file itself is HUGE but maybe because it packs a lot of things. The price is similar to SymphonyPro too. And as luck would have it, I was able to get the app during their introductory price of....$0.99! I still have to tinker with it, though. As of now, I am so used to SymphonyPro that NOTION is just taking up space in my iPad2. But it's still worth checking out.

Happy composing! *hugs*

Most reactions

Latest posts