What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mp3

ceciliacas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I play MP3 files on my ipad? Is there an app for this? Thanks!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, why not tell us how you are trying to put your files on the iPad? Usually iTunes will let you transfer your music files (whether AAC or MP3) to an iDevice - at least in my experience, but let us know what specific problems you are having - Dave :)

OP
C

ceciliacas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I received some MP3 audio files on google drive and tried to listen to them on my ipad. Maybe I have to transfer them to itunes so I can listen to them. Is there any other way?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I received some MP3 audio files on google drive and tried to listen to them on my ipad. Maybe I have to transfer them to itunes so I can listen to them. Is there any other way?

OK - you have to be more specific, i.e. you received these files via a web browser - correct? Was this running on your iPad or a computer? If on a computer, I assume that you can download them onto your HD, then import the files into iTunes, and finally put them on your iPad. Now, to get the files directly from a browser on your iPad into the Music app, I've never given it a try, so cannot be of much help - sorry. Dave :)

DocPhyz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have them in Google Drive on your iPad, see what happens if you try to open them there, and if you get the Action icon in the upper right corner (arrow coming out of a box), choose Open in... and see if the Music app is an option. If so, you're home free. I've never tried this, but it might work. Good luck -- let know your results.

Most reactions