What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moving email from Mac to iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad settings for Mail permit you to select to have up to 200 msgs stored. How would I get my existing mailbox of ~50K messages from my MBP to the iPad and searchable?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad settings for Mail permit you to select to have up to 200 msgs stored. How would I get my existing mailbox of ~50K messages from my MBP to the iPad and searchable?

If your mail service provider supports IMAP then they’ll all be searchable. If they only support the older POP then there’s no easy way. Check with your service provider or let us know who they are (just their name - i.e Google, nothing else, no account details!) and we’ll try to help you set up your iPad to use IMAP, then you’ll be able to search them all.

Tim
Scotland

OP
I

ihf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I probably wasn't completely clear but I want the 50,000 msgs to be stored and searchable on the iPad such they they can be searched while completely offline.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - the native iPad app for sure can’t do this! 50k emails - wow! I thought I had a lot! I’ll need to go away and think about this!

Tim
Scotland

OP
I

ihf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone told me they had no trouble with 10,000 msgs using the standard app (searched as fast as the Mac Spotlight) but they didn't say how they got the msgs on there. Maybe they also misunderstood what I was asking and were searching on the server and had not really moved the msgs to the iPad.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may be wrong - and I often am! - but I almost 100% sure there’s no way the native Mail app can store more than 200 messages. Maybe there are other third-party mail apps that can do this? Let’s see if anyone else out in iPad Forum land knows of one.....

Tim
Scotland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts