What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving Documents to iPad2

beasonfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There,

I am a first-time iPad-user, and I am not sure how I can move the documents I need from my computer to my iPad. I know that I can upload my docs to a cloud server or email them, but is there not a simpler way to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
beasonfan said:
Hi There,

I am a first-time iPad-user, and I am not sure how I can move the documents I need from my computer to my iPad. I know that I can upload my docs to a cloud server or email them, but is there not a simpler way to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dropbox does this, using the cloud, not quite sure how simple you want it but if you drag a file into dropbox on your PC/Mac it will appear automatically on your iPad dropbox app when you are connected and it then says there, if you alter it and send it back to dropbox it will sync it the other way. IDisk does the same if you have MobileMe. Majority of apps using files support dropbox and/or iDisk so it's all seamless.

The Archangel

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, Dropbox is the easiest way.

Only other drag and drop options (sans jailbreaking) besides cloud apps is some programs like Goodreader you can drag and drop files into the App's section in iTunes when hooked up to the computer.

lombardi3g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is DropBox a good option for moving 5,000 pdf's (c.5 gb) from a MacBookPro to an iPad2?
TIA, Allan

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropbox would take a while to do that many files. It would be easier to plug your iPad into your Mac and then on the left side in iTunes under devices click on your iPad. Then across the top click on Apps and towards the bottom of that screen it will show your apps that will allow you to open files(GoodReader is a good PDF viewer that also lets you add notes and save them to the PDF files or create an annotated file) Then simply open the folder where your files are stored in a finder window then drag them into the iTunes window that shows your apps. Then when you open your designated app to view the PDFs your files will show up for you to view.

Jman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5570683164_df893423b7.jpg
[/url]
Screen shot 2011-03-29 at 1.22.13 AM by JLRaggio, on Flickr[/IMG]

In the screen shot you can see where you can drag the files to. Or click the add button and select the files you want to add.

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is DropBox a good option for moving 5,000 pdf's (c.5 gb) from a MacBookPro to an iPad2?
TIA, Allan

if you have Goodreader. goodreader has a "file transfer" support that bypass itunes. you just drag and drop all files or folders .

Most reactions

Latest posts