What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

documents and icloud

bradpalmer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, new to ipad, I was wondering how i can access my documents stored on icloud using the pages app, do i have to add all of them to icloud.com/iwork first. I can see if i drop something on my pc into that zone then I can see it on the ipad, and vice versa, and I can atttach any docs to an email, but can't seem to get how to see all of my other documents.

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not completely sure what you are describing, so I'll just ramble a bit about how it is supposed to work, and maybe that will cover what you need.

First you have to have it turned don in two places. In Settings > iCloud: you need to have Documents & Data turned on. In Settings > Pages: Use iCloud must be turned on.

The first time you open Pages after doing this it will take a while to copy all you documents to iCloud, and vise-versa if there are some already there. It also seems to take a bit of time to check iCloud before displaying documents every time you open it from then on. Every iDevice that uses the same iCloud account will end up with the same documents. If you already managed to copy some you can end up with duplicates on the initial sync.

You use the icloud.com site to copy documents to and from your computer. As you've noticed simply dragging a file into the browser works for uploading documents.

There is no other computer interface at this time; though we can hope that iCloud support will eventually be added to the OS X versions of the iWorks apps.

If I haven't answered your question please elaborate and maybe my brain will kick in. I'm still suffering from sugar withdrawals after Christmas.

Most reactions

Latest posts