What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving Apps between Screens

metaMeerkat

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a new iPad user and have discovered how to move app icons ON a screen to another position, but what if I want to reorganise my apps and move an icon from the first to the second or even third screen? How do I do this?

Would appreciate your help...

> if it is always exactly what it seems, there is little need to be anyone but who you are <

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
metaMeerkat said:
I am a new iPad user and have discovered how to move app icons ON a screen to another position, but what if I want to reorganise my apps and move an icon from the first to the second or even third screen? How do I do this?

> if it is always exactly what it seems, there is little need to be anyone but who you are <

Two ways.

One...create a place marker in your task bar icons...move the icon you want to move to the tray..,,move to the desired home screen and drag it off the task bar.

Two...move icon to far left or right of preset home screen and the iPad will scroll to the next home screen up or down....drop icon.

Daniel448

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or 1-you could put it in a folder, put it in your dock, go to the next page, take it out of the folder and put it on the page
2-you could put it in a folder and hold it to the left or right of the screen and place it on the next screen
3-if you want to move the app to the last page, you could delete the app and download it again
.....but all of this would be completely uneccesairy

Annecamp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This isn't a reply but I can't figure out how to ask a new question. I can get apps to move from page-to-page (thanks to the dock transfer comment here), but I can't get the icons to stop wiggling to get back to the home page, or even to use the buttons on the blank-page dock. I have rebooted, but that didn't help. Help? Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This isn't a reply but I can't figure out how to ask a new question. I can get apps to move from page-to-page (thanks to the dock transfer comment here), but I can't get the icons to stop wiggling to get back to the home page, or even to use the buttons on the blank-page dock. I have rebooted, but that didn't help. Help? Thanks

When you have finished moving icons around, to get them to stop wiggling - press the Home button once. Then, all wiggling will stop and you can then press any icon to open an app.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Annecamp said:

The normal way to get the apps to stop wiggling is to press the home button,another press will get you to the first home page.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
When you have finished moving icons around, to get them to stop wiggling - press the Home button once. Then, all wiggling will stop and you can then press any icon to open an app.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

scifan57 said:
The normal way to get the apps to stop wiggling is to press the home button,another press will get you to the first home page.

Beaten to the draw. LOL

ms.tardaguila

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found that if I press to wiggle, then move app icon to the bottom of the. Page and leave it there until I have flipped to the page I want to put it, then just pull it up from the bottom of the screen. Then press the home button to stop wiggle.

ms.tardaguila

iPF Noob
Reaction score
metaMeerkat said:

Press home button until app wiggles
Pull app you want to move to the bottom of the screen and leave it there while you move to the page you want to put it.
Pull app up from bottom of screen on the new page
Press home button to stop wiggle

This works for me but I am a novice and just trying to help. I bought the instruction book for iPad and it said just slide to edge of the page and the app. Would move to the next page. Tried that...didn't work.

Most reactions

Latest posts