What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movie bookmarks from Windows to IPAD....

stevem5000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an older ipad....OS 16.5.1.....I am NOT experienced ipad user....
I have Brave on my Windows PC and would like to transfer the bookmarks from Brave Windows
to Brave Ipad......
Is there a way to do this......
I can export my bookmarks on Brave Windows no problem....
But I'm probably going to need pretty explicit instructions on
the ipad side....

Thanks in advance.....

OP
S

stevem5000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Brave bookmarks exported in an HTML file from my Windows PC.....
I open up Brave on the Ipad and then Bookmarks....but it does not allow me to import......
I don't have a files folder on the ipad and i don't have a spotlight in the upper right corner....

How do I get these...???

Thanks for you help....

OP
S

stevem5000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Brave bookmarks exported in an HTML file from my Windows PC.....
I open up Brave on the Ipad and then Bookmarks....but it does not allow me to import......
I don't have a files folder on the ipad and i don't have a spotlight in the upper right corner....

How do I get these...???

Thanks for you help....
Like I said.....I'm an experienced Windows user but I really don't know sh!T about Ipads.....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You did not say what iPad model or iOS version you are using. The instructions may not work if it's too old. The App Store page says you need at least iOS 15.

Files is an app that gives you a file system on the iPad similar to Windows Explorer. When the instructions say you need to upload the html file to Files, this what they mean. Not a specific folder, but to a folder in that app. The Downloads folder should do.

There are several ways to copy files from Windows to iOS. The easiest is if you have an iCloud account, and download/install iCloud for Windows. They you an just drag/drop it and wait a bit for the files to sync.

Apple also has this support page, though I've never used it.

There are several other options, including connecting to shared Windows folders in the Files app.

IMG_0195.jpeg

Since I don't have Brave, that's all I can suggest. I'm not sure why you are looking for Spotlight. I don't see it in the instructions.

Also, make sure Windows saved the export file as .html. Sometimes
windows likes to use .htm

Apple apps don't always recognize the three letter variation.

Good luck.

OP
S

stevem5000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twerppoet...all good info...many thanks for taking the time.....
Gradually learning the ipad.....
I was able to export my bookmarks from Brave on my PC into Brave in my ipad.....once I had it figured out it was easy...:)

Most reactions

Latest posts