What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MotionX GPS HD map sizes

Sonoran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first post here.

I have been following threads on the MotionX HD for the iPad. i have not seen anything on map file sizes. I know I get 2GB of tiles but that doesn't tell me much.

If i wanted say Arizona maps of Tucson, Phoenix & Flagstaff at a street level zoom can someone estimate how much space that takes up?

Thanks.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just downloaded a street level tile set for Phoenix.. It worked out to about 800 Megabytes. I never tried Tucson or Flagstaff, but since Phoenix is bigger than the both of them, I'm pretty sure the total memory requirements would be under 2 Gig...

P.S. The Phoenix tile set download took forever (about 20 minutes)... That MotionX server is sloooow :)

Last edited:
OP
S

Sonoran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you tell me what the minimum and maximum zoom levels were? I downloaded a large section of Phoenix and the file size was huge!

Sonoran

Most reactions

Latest posts