What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Talk From Credible Sources About Possible 7.85-Inch iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
ipad-mini.JPG
[/url]​

It seems that the rumour that Apple is considering releasing a smaller version of the iPad just won’t go away. Now, AppleInsider reports, John Gruber of Daring Fireball, who is a very credible source, has been saying that he actually can confirm that Apple has been testing a 7.85-inch iPad with a 1,024 x 768 resolution in its labs, according to The Next Web. “I’ve heard from numerous people that that’s one of the ideas that they’re noodling with,†said Gruber when being interviewed on The Talk Show. Gruber elaborated with further details about what he knows about the iPad mini prototype, including the fact that its height will be approximately the same as the width of the new iPad that Apple has just released. Gruber tested the effectiveness of this size of screen by showing a screenshot rotated into landscape view, and concluded that it would be “useable,†although he also acknowledged that the text would be a little small, but not “ridiculously†small.

Of course the fact that Apple is testing such an iPad in no way means that it will ever get to see the light of day as an officially released Apple product, and Gruber says that he has no knowledge as to whether or not it will be released at some point by Apple, although he did speculate that Apple could launch it at its Worldwide Developers Conference this year.

Source: Apple reportedly 'noodling with' 7.85-inch iPad prototype

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I find the rumors interesting. I'd definitely be interested in a 7" or 8" iPad or, even better, a scaled-up iPhone.

It's odd when people say that a 7" or 8" tablet might be too small or unusable. If millions of people are using smart phones and 7" or 8" tablets from Samsung, Amazon, Acer, Asus, etc., the devices clearly aren't too small to be usable. Various buyers will have preferences in size for their own reasons, of course. I'd welcome more choices for consumers, even if I opt not to buy every model.

bradley1997

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this ipad will look nice

this ipad will look nice. I think it would be as powerful as a normal ipads

Most reactions

Latest posts