What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More New iPad Graphics and Video Emerge From Hong Kong

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Following on from the iPad unboxing footage from a Vietnamese website that surfaced yesterday, MacRumors reports that a website in Hong Kong – PCM Online – has now posted an unboxing video and images from the new iPad. The video and photos certainly seem to be genuine, and the video makers even show some very interesting footage comparing the iPad 2 with the new iPad. Have to say that the Retina display looks amazing when the iPad is shown taking a picture of some flowers, very impressive indeed! The site also did some benchmark tests on its 16GB 4G white iPad, which revealed a big improvement in the graphics performance of the new iPad when compared to the iPad 2. According to MacRumors, the benchmark tests boosted performance from 90fps to 140fps in the GLBenchmark 2.1.1 Egypt offscreen test, and from 146 fps to 250 fps for the GLBenchmark 2.1.1 Pro offscreen test. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Source: Another New iPad Surfaces in Hong Kong with Sample Video and Graphics Benchmarks - Mac Rumors[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:

kierandill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Hong Kong, eh? Thru which all the iPads from China are shipped. So if you get yours Friday and the packaging is a little ragged...

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is that 90 to 140 feet per second ? That is how we measure our ammo at the range. An increase of 50 fps with my .45 would be nice depending on either hollow points or ball nose ammo... I might be the only one but I admit I do not know what fps applies to when it comes to iPads.
I always enjoy Maura's posts. They are some of the most interesting I find anywhere pertaining to these devices . I'm lost on this one. It would be great to know what fps means. Is it pixel related?

Slimseven

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Slimseven said:
Is that 90 to 140 feet per second ? That is how we measure our ammo at the range. An increase of 50 fps with my .45 would be nice depending on either hollow points or ball nose ammo... I might be the only one but I admit I do not know what fps applies to when it comes to iPads.
I always enjoy Maura's posts. They are some of the most interesting I find anywhere pertaining to these devices . I'm lost on this one. It would be great to know what fps means. Is it pixel related? Cool video. Good find. Size difference is visible. Picture / display quality is not something that can be differentiated on the video.
-48 hours and countdown begins. T minus 48:59...

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not exactly sure myself what those figures mean, I was hoping someone on the Forum would know!

Slimseven said:
I always enjoy Maura's posts. They are some of the most interesting I find anywhere pertaining to these devices . I'm lost on this one. It would be great to know what fps means. Is it pixel related? Cool video. Good find. Size difference is visible. Picture / display quality is not something that can be differentiated on the video.
-48 hours and countdown begins. T minus 48:59...

TonkaT

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maura said:
To be honest, I'm not exactly sure myself what those figures mean, I was hoping someone on the Forum would know!

That would frames per second.

TonkaT
AKA John

Most reactions

Latest posts