What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Books!

BuzyMum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been happy with the selection of personal reading matial at IBooks but, there's not allot of illustrated reference books. So I ventured out to other ebook sites like google books and found them there but you have to set a whole new account. I don't like having my personal info on the net everywhere and was wondering if there is any other option with a wide range of book that is connected to ITunes.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
BuzyMum said:
I've been happy with the selection of personal reading matial at IBooks but, there's not allot of illustrated reference books. So I ventured out to other ebook sites like google books and found them there but you have to set a whole new account. I don't like having my personal info on the net everywhere and was wondering if there is any other option with a wide range of book that is connected to ITunes.

Had you look in your local library?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure what variety of books may interest you or whether you want to pay for books or just borrow them - but to mention a couple of non-pay options I've used: 1) Project Gutenberg HERE - thousands of free ebooks; most are old public domain offerings, so might not interest you? and 2) OverDrive HERE (iPad app available) - let's you add libraries (I have just my local county one) and w/ a library card login, one can borrow books - main problem is that only a limited number of e editions can be released (publishers copyright issues I presume) and you are put on a waiting list (which can be a long wait) and newer books are not readily available (again assume the publishers want you to buy a physical book or a paid ebook?).

Hope others will chime in w/ additional options - good luck! :)

OP
BuzyMum

BuzyMum

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to have my ebooks on hand to be readily available to use all the time. There are abundance of books I would like to have so I will I've give the Gunther Project a couple more rounds

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you already have books in PDF, navigate to them and select. You will be asked to open them within -:

Select the app say 'ibooks' or 'evernote' and wallah, the book is saved into that apps library for reading.

emm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Download Kindle for iPad . You'll have a choice of 900,000 books. Most people already have an Amazon account so it will be the same credit info

Most reactions

Latest posts