More Books!

Discussion in 'iBooks' started by BuzyMum, Aug 29, 2011.

1. BuzyMum

BuzyMum iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been happy with the selection of personal reading matial at IBooks but, there's not allot of illustrated reference books. So I ventured out to other ebook sites like google books and found them there but you have to set a whole new account. I don't like having my personal info on the net everywhere and was wondering if there is any other option with a wide range of book that is connected to ITunes.
  2. iFrog

iFrog Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Had you look in your local library?
  3. giradman

giradman iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +978 / 0
    Well, I'm not sure what variety of books may interest you or whether you want to pay for books or just borrow them - but to mention a couple of non-pay options I've used: 1) Project Gutenberg HERE - thousands of free ebooks; most are old public domain offerings, so might not interest you? and 2) OverDrive HERE (iPad app available) - let's you add libraries (I have just my local county one) and w/ a library card login, one can borrow books - main problem is that only a limited number of e editions can be released (publishers copyright issues I presume) and you are put on a waiting list (which can be a long wait) and newer books are not readily available (again assume the publishers want you to buy a physical book or a paid ebook?).

Hope others will chime in w/ additional options - good luck! :)
  4. BuzyMum

BuzyMum iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would like to have my ebooks on hand to be readily available to use all the time. There are abundance of books I would like to have so I will I've give the Gunther Project a couple more rounds
  5. ipadbraincell

ipadbraincell iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    If you already have books in PDF, navigate to them and select. You will be asked to open them within -:

Select the app say 'ibooks' or 'evernote' and wallah, the book is saved into that apps library for reading.
  6. emm

emm iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Download Kindle for iPad . You'll have a choice of 900,000 books. Most people already have an Amazon account so it will be the same credit info