What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mobileme / itunes / multiple accounts /

kvmkvm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Idan and friends:

Thanks for the resource with this thread.

My "problem(s) is / are as follows:

1. I have a mobileme account: I am not using it at all and I want to use it for:

a.will it act as an exchange server for my outlook mail ?

b. how do I store data on it ?

c. What else should I learn to use ?

2.Itunes / Istore / mobileme:

a. I have 2 itunes accounts with 2 different email addresses & passwords; I only want 1 account; do I close one ? or just stop using it ?; will I lose songs I have purchased ( less than 20; no big deal)

3.Can I have just ONE: username & password for: mobileme/ itunes/ apple ID?

I am an eager student willing to learn !

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't help you outlook, I have no idea.

How do you store data on mobile me? Just click on the idisk icon and follow the directions for uploading files.

I've never had 2 itunes accounts so I don't know.

Yes you can have one user id for those, since your apple ID and itunes uses your email addy just use your mobile me one.

OP
K

kvmkvm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback; I watched a mobileme video on idisk per your advic e, keep them comming !

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad iTunes account

Idan and friends:

1. I have a mobileme account: I am not using it at all and I want to use it for:

a. I have 2 itunes accounts with 2 different email addresses & passwords; I only want 1 account; do I close one ? or just stop using it ?; will I lose songs I have purchased ( less than 20; no big deal)

You can have only one iTunes account, i have try with my iPhone and when you connect your device you got a warning and you can sync if you are not using the right account itunes propose only to erase all your app's and sync with the new one for the music i dono as i never buy song in itunes only app's

bcutlerj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Idan and friends:

So, I had this issue too. What I found was that I needed to go to settings - store - account to make sure my iTunes purchases were under my established, longstanding iTunes account. THe mobile me/find my iPhone feature required an "email" apple ID and I made a new account. That resulted in me purchasing both music and apps on an account that I did not really want to be using. Now, I have logged mobile me into Account 2 and my iTunes store into Account 1. I suppose by authorizing all of my computers for the two accounts I will not really lose anything. But this isn't as streamlined or slick as the apple products I've used to date. It's downright messy really.

Most reactions

Latest posts