1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Duplicate e-mails in mobileme

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by Jayded, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Jayded

Jayded iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been using MobileMe for a couple of months now, and have all of my various email accounts going there for retrieval on my iPad.
    My gmail goes straight into the MobileMe inbox, my outlook smtp emails all went into their respective account inboxes and not into the MobileMe inbox. All was well, until the morning after the Keynote speech. Very early in the morning I hear the sounds of many emails arriving, I look, all my outlook account emails from the day before had suddenly shown up in the MobileMe inbox. This happened a couple more mornings with me doing some searching to try and figure out what was going on. I had not made any changes, not downloaded the new iTunes, nor even synched my ipad in weeks. I tried to figure out if anything had changed in the mail setup in MobileMe, but nothing jumped out. it stopped, and now has started again over the past three days.
    If anyone knows of any changes in the setup for outlook smtp mail, I'd appreciate any input. I don't care which inbox the email goes to, I just don't need it being delivered to both inboxes. I'm sure it's some simple change I'm missing, but there you have it.
    Thanks in advance.
    J.
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,000 / 1
    Are you sure you are not looking at the All Inbox folder? It is supposed to display everything.
  3. Jayded

Jayded iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I may well be, however, it doesn't change the fact that I used to get one copy of my emails now I get two. One arrives in the acctual account inbox, one arrives (sometimes much later) in the MobileMe inbox. This is new behavior, previously all my embarqmail never showed up in the mobile inbox. If anyone knows what settings may have changed to cause my embarqmail to suddenly decide to pop into the MobileMe inbox as well as still appearing in it's own inbox, I'd appreciate your input.
    Thanks.
    J.
  4. Jayded

Jayded iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have deleted all the accounts involved and added them again. If the behavior still occurs I'll be back lol