What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing downloaded apps

McLeodOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of a sudden, games/apps I have downloaded are not showing up on my mini. In the last few days I have downloaded 3 apps and I can't find them anywhere. If I go to the App Store it shows they have been purchased and I click on open, and nothing happens. There are no icons for these apps showing on my iPad screen. Where are these new apps and why aren't they showing on screen? Thanks for any help you can give me.

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you using ios6 or 7? Do they show up in settings/usage? You sure their not hiding a finger swipe to the right?

OP
M

McLeodOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using iOS 7.0.4. The applications do show under usage. It does not show an option from usage screen to open the apps. Just to delete them. I have finger swiped thru all screens.....nothing there.

OP
M

McLeodOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I have. After I delete them and go back to my purchased apps and click on the deleted app, it has a place to click "open". When I click on it, nothing happens. Everything worked fine until about 5 days ago. Could I have hit something wrong under my settings?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Is it possible you have age restrictions set? If you have age restrictions set and these missing apps exceed the set rating, the apps won't show on the homescreen.
Also, if the app exceeds the age restriction that has been set, there will be no open button if you look at the app in the purchased list.

To check, go to Settings>General>Restrictions>Allowed Content>apps. If it's not set to allow all apps, select allow all apps and see if that makes any difference.

OP
M

McLeodOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got it! Did a reset and now they are showing up. Thanks for your help.

Most reactions

Latest posts