What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downloaded app disappeared

mattleeson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all:
I downloaded an app (YouTube) and it disappeared....
It's not in any folder, screen.. It shows as installed in App Store, so cannot redownload it.. I tried rebooting and hard rebooting, checked restrictions (have none) but still cannot get it to show.. Tried to search it via spotlight... No luck..

Any thoughts on what to do???

OP
M

mattleeson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks... I've searched on google all over but the general things they said to do I've done w no luck.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried to look for the app in iTunes?

Connect your iPad to your computer and let them sync. Then in iTunes, click on 'Owner's iPad.. (Or whatever you call yours)..

Now click on 'Apps'. You'll see a list of the apps you have installed. There's a search function there.. Look for Youtube.. When you find it, drag and drop it to the desktop of your choice.. The system should sync and the app should appear there.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As a last resort, got to Settings > General > Usage and find it under the Storage list (us Show All if needed). You can select and delete it from there, giving you another chance to download it from the App Store.

Hold in mind there is a limit to the number of apps and folders that can be displayed on the Home Screen. If you've got all (I think it's 8) screens filled up you'll need create and some apps to folders to free up space, or it will just disappear again.

If a full home screen is the problem, doing the above should reveal the missing app without having to delete and re-download it.

OP
M

mattleeson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you somuch everyone!!

I didn't try the iTunes sync, but following the steps from @twerppoet helped to resolve issue!! It actually was showing up as a null app, but it allowed me to delete it from there and redownload from App Store...

Very much appreciated for everyone's help!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts