What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing Airplay icons

magnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't find airplay buttons anywhere on my iPad2 - I've double clicked the home button and slid the bottom panel over - and the airplay control doesn't appear.
Have the AppleTV gen 2, running 4.4.4 software, and the iPad is running iOS 5.01. Tried check updates on both devices and I'm told that each have the lastest software installed.

OP
magnim

magnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've restarted both the iPad and Apple TV, and have also made a couple changes to the settings in my router (mac addresses set to static IP's) to ensure that the devices are on the same network, but still no Airplay icon on the iPad.

OP
magnim

magnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Resolved the missing AirPlay icons issue. Turns out that my Linksys router was blocking ports on my LAN. After resetting the router and installing a newer version of firmware. The airplay icon immediately appeared, The blocked ports also prevented Rowmote from working on my jailbroken Apple TV - love being able to use a keyboard with Apple TV!

mariaposa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

Can you tell me how you were able to fix the problem with the Linksys if possible step-by-step? I'm going crazy trying to figure this out! Thanks!!

marsm

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Let me see if I'm getting this right (because my Airplay is also not visibile) - if my ports on the router are 'blocked' I will not see Airplay on the iPad?

OP
magnim

magnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My linksys router was running an older version of DD-WRT firmware. After updating to the latest version the airplay icon appeared.

I've recently upgraded my router to a linksys 4200, and had no issues whatsoever.

Most reactions

Latest posts