What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mircosoft to buy barns and nobles nook

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
just saw this on the local news there is a deal on the table for MS to buy barns and noble nook for a few million dollars

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
just saw this on the local news there is a deal on the table for MS to buy barns and noble nook for a few million dollars

Actually, it is one billion not a few million. :eek:

I would buy Nook if it were available for a few million. But only if I had a few million. Can anyone lend me a few million?

Actually, I think all I need is $1,999,075.00 and I am there. After I gather enough aluminum cans--I need $25.00 worth plus a little more for a bus pass to the recycle center. And $3.00 for a cup of coffee, too.

I do wonder what the Nook Surface will look like?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My understanding is that MS is not interested in Nook at all...but some of the services that come under the Nook name. The claim is they want to get into bookstore market for college kids. Lots of B&N on college campuses these days. Get that, then put Surface's in those bookstores = $$$.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My understanding is that MS is not interested in Nook at all...but some of the services that come under the Nook name. The claim is they want to get into bookstore market for college kids. Lots of B&N on college campuses these days. Get that, then put Surface's in those bookstores = $$$.

Microsoft invested two or three million dollars in Barns and Noble's plan to spin-off its Nook business. So I think there is interest there. Others seem to agree. Lots of talk and I am not sure if it is better for B&N or MS. Time will tell, I suppose.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Microsoft invested two or three million dollars in Barns and Noble's plan to spin-off its Nook business. So I think there is interest there. Others seem to agree. Lots of talk and I am not sure if it is better for B&N or MS. Time will tell, I suppose.

No one could possibly believe MS is interested in the Nook device...it's a dead device. And your numbers for what MS has already spent with B&N are, apparently, off by two orders of magnitude:

Microsoft may buy Barnes & Noble's Nook unit for $1 billion - latimes.com

And the current rumor is on the order of a cool 1 billion! No way would MS be spending that on a dead Android tablet. It's more than that, if anything. :)

Microsoft may buy Barnes & Noble's Nook unit for $1 billion - latimes.com

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Content is most certainly part of the deal.

I have not decided if this is a good idea or a bad idea. Perhaps MS sees value down the road we do not immediately see.

Most reactions